Ryder Cup live stream: how to watch Friday’s USA vs Europe golf wherever you are
And so it begins. Two years in the making, the 2018 Ryder Cup is finally here. And if there's a more exciting golf competition in the world, then we certainly don't know about it. We'll tell you how to watch the whole thing no matter where you live – it's even FREE to live stream if you're in the US.
With the opening ceremony done and dusted now comes the time for business, with Justin Rose, Jon Rahm, Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau getting things started in the opening fourball. Whether you're a European desperate to wrestle back the Ryder Cup on home turf, or an American fan hoping to retain the trophy with a first away win in 25 years, the golf action isn't far away.
After losing 17-11 at Hazeltine in 2016, Europe is out for revenge. Leading the troops at Le Golf National is Thomas Bjørn, who'll hope Ryder Cup veterans Ian Poulter, Paul Casey, Sergio Garcia and Henrick Stenson – his four wildcard picks – will inspire the Europeans. Among the other experienced major winners are Justin Rose, Francesco Molinari and Rory McIllroy, who are sure to push their American counterparts to the limit. But opposition captain Jim Furyk has no shortage of talent at his disposal. The likes of Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas dominate the upper reaches of the current world rankings, while all-time greats Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods are on hand to offer that extra guile as part of the captain's picks.
Find out who will com out on top in 2018 by following the instructions below and tuning into a 2018 Ryder Cup live stream from wherever you find yourself in the world without paying a penny.
Watch all the action at RyderCup.com for FREE
Great news for golf fans in North America and Canada – the Ryder Cup's official site will be showing all the action for free. There may be some late nights/early mornings involved for US viewers to catch the action from France, but tuning in online should be a breeze wherever you are.
Live stream Ryder Cup for FREE from anywhere
How to watch the 2018 Ryder Cup: UK stream
Alternative ways to watch Ryder Cup golf in the US
There are number of options for watching the 2018 Ryder Cup golf if you're stateside:
– That live stream at RyderCup.com is the obvious way. Although you'll be limited to what the website wants to show you and we doubt the coverage will have the sheen and depth of most dedicated broadcasters.
– If you're at home and have cable, then NBC is the official broadcaster. The network will be splitting coverage between its main sports channels and it's specialist station, the Golf Channel, which is available from most cable providers. NBC has promised 220 hours of coverage to get right under the Ryder Cup bonnet this year.
– If you're outside the US this weekend but want to access one of the above options, then you can use a VPN service to effectively transport your computer, phone or tablet's IP back to a US location.
Friday morning's fourball pairings:
– Justin Rose and Jon Rahm vs Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau starts at 8.10am local time (7.10am BST, 2.10am ET, 11,10pm PT Thursday)
– Rory McIlroy and Thorbjørn Olesen vs Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler starts at 8.25am local time
– Paul Casey and Tyrrell Hatton vs Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas starts at 8.40am local time
– Francesco Molinari and Tommy Fleetwood vs Patrick Reed and Tiger Woods starts at 8.55am local time
Europe team for the 2018 Ryder Cup
- Paul Casey
- Tommy Fleetwood
- Sergio Garcia
- Tyrell Hatton
- Rory McIlroy
- Francesco Molinari
- Alex Noren
- Thorbjørn Olesen
- Ian Poulter
- Jon Rahm
- Justin Rose
- Henrik Stenson
US team for the 2018 Ryder Cup
- Bryson Dechambeau
- Tony Finau
- Ricky Fowler
- Dustin Johnson
- Brooks Koepka
- Phil Mickelson
- Patrick Reed
- Webb Simpson
- Jordan Spieth
- Justin Thomas
- Bubba Watson
- Tiger Woods
Image courtesy of RyderCup.com