Energy Parasites and Addiction to Chaos…and Other Things to Weed out of Your Life.
Women and feminine-identified types specialize in beginnings, not endings. We prefer to nurture, not exclude. This, of course, is spectacular and divine and… challenging. Because destruction is essential to creation. Something has to die for your dream to be born. And by that I mean… you may need to cut off it’s life/lie supply and send it down the river to die.
Might I suggest that you:
- Stop feeding your doubts with questionable news sources and social media gorging.
- Cut off the air supply to panic and despair. Panic is never, ever useful. Not ever.
- Cut cords with depressing thoughts on a daily basis. This is a spiritual practice. Do it however it works for you. Prayer is easy, “Dear ______,” (insert the name of your god or preferred deity. Archangel Michael and Goddess Kali are d-mn effective at cord-cutting) “Thank you for cutting cords with thoughts and energies that are not aligned with my highest Truth and Joy.” This is great to do before you go to sleep.
- Stop giving Scooby snacks (aka, attention) to trolls and haters. They feed on it. Don’t feed them.
- Leave your fear of judgment out in the sun to melt… melt the fear of being called angry, flighty, feminist, divisive, too inclusive, airy-fairy, delusional, too soft, too hard, too loud.
- Take your family karma off of life support. You don’t need to play small because you don’t want to out-earn, out-shine, or out-politic your parents. Let the karma die, so you can keep the Love alive.
- Smother your addiction to chaos with an even greater desire for peace and simplicity.
Let the limitations die, my friends. Those old thought forms will put up a fight. You will be tempted to give them your time and nourishment because you’re an innately loving creature. But don’t. They’ll turn into compost, it’s really okay. Water the dream, weed out the energy-pests.
Danielle LaPorte is the creator of The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul — the book that turned into a day planner system, a top iTunes app, and an international workshop program. A Desire Map workshop happens every weekend somewhere in the world. Author of The Fire Starter Sessions and the wildly popular #Truthbomb series, Danielle is also the co-creator of Your Big Beautiful Book Plan and co-host of the Beautiful Writer’s Group podcast.
Entrepreneur Magazine calls her “equal parts poet and entrepreneurial badass…edgy, contrarian…loving and inspired.” A speaker, poet, former business strategist and Washington-DC think tank exec, she writes weekly at DanielleLaPorte.com, where over four million visitors have gone for her straight-up advice — a site that’s been deemed “the best place online for kick-ass spirituality,” and was named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes. The Huffington Post named her Twitter feed as one of the “12 of Wisest Twitter Accounts Worth Following.” You can find her @daniellelaporte just about everywhere.