Apply for the 2017 V&C Summer Conference
On June 15–17, 2017 in Washington, D.C., Values & Capitalism will host its seventh annual summer conference for Christian college students. During the three-day conference, participants will engage with policy experts and practitioners in a series of conversations about the most pressing issues facing our nation today—focusing particularly on how to approach these issues from a Christian perspective. Attendees will receive housing, a travel stipend, and meals during the conference. Click to read the recaps of the 2016 and 2015 conferences.
The conference will begin at 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 15 and will conclude at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 17. The full schedule is forthcoming. Past speakers include:
Arthur Brooks, AEI
Tim Carney, AEI
Amb. Tony Hall, Former Congressman (D-OH) and Ambassador to the UN
Kirsten Powers, CNN
Charles Murray, AEI
Roger Noriega, AEI
Henry Olsen, Ethics & Public Policy Center
Gerard Robinson, AEI
Michael Strain, AEI
Greg Thornbury, The King’s College
Rep. Frank Wolf, Former Congressman (R-VA)
Student applicants are also encouraged to consider applying for the week-long Values & Capitalism Summer Honors Program, taking place in June 2017. Students who apply for the honors program, will also be considered for the weekend conference. They do not need to submit a separate application for the summer conference.
- Applicants must be current undergraduates.
- Applicants planning to take other jobs or internships during the summer are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- Applicants may be accepted to the V&C Summer Honors Program OR the V&C Summer Conference, but not both.
- International students are eligible.
Student Application Instructions:
- Applicants must submit a resume, unofficial transcript, and a cover letter explaining 1) their interest in faith, public policy, and economics and 2) why they want to attend the Values & Capitalism Summer Conference.
- Applicants must secure a recommendation from a faculty member at their college or university in order to apply. Faculty members may submit their recommendations online at this link.